|Project Name||Identification of Structure and Mechanism for Neurotransmitter Release Related with SNARE Protein|
|Year||2013||Director||Dr. yeon-kyun shin|
Identification of Structure and Mechanism for Neurotransmitter Release Related with SNARE Protein
1. Content & Characteristic
O This research shows hidden structure and mechanism of SNARE proteins, which
are thought to be the core machinery for neurotransmitter release, using
magnetic tweezer in the single molecular level.
- Development of new assay enables to observe the single protein transition at the force of
piconewton and length of nanometer level.
- Observation of the metastable intermediate in the SNARE complex and prediction of the
structure of SNARE complex with precise measurement via developed assay.
- Discovering that the partially assembled state has the effect of rectifying the direction of
SNARE-complex formation, firmly pushing SNARE zippering towards the transmembrane
2. Scientific and Technological Value
O Suggesting a clues to the mechanism-based design of new drugs for mental
diseases, such as dementia, closely related to the neurotransmitter release
process of SNARE proteins.
3. Social and Economic Effect
O Development of infrastructure of neuronal communication research using
ground-breaking new assay for neurotransmitter release.
O Establishment of new concept of the pathochemical origin of dementia by the
understanding of the molecular mechanism of neurotransmitter release.
|Before||Anti-microorganismic silver nanoparticle-composite|
|Next||Promptly working antibacterial air filter by coating with silver nanoparticle-decorated silica hybrid particles|