1. Content & Characteristic
Network-based humanoid robot 'MAHRU-Z' that prepares sandwiches and drinks by manipulating home appliances and executes real-time whole body motion imitation for tele-operation - MAHRU-Z is equipped with autonomous navigation capability by biped walking to go to a goal position following a path and vision-based manipulation capability to handle objects such as switches in home appliances, cups, toasts, breads, baskets, drinks, etc. Especially, MAHRU-Z can work in human environments happening many contacts between the robot and home environments.
2. Scientific Value
- World-first Network-based Humanoid Robot, 2005. 1.
- Whole-body Motion Humanoid Robot 'MAHRU', Top 10 S&T News, 2008. 12.
- World-top Maid Robot 'MAHRU-Z', 2010. 1.
- MAHRU, IEEE Spectrum Magazine, 2010. 4.
3. Economic Effect
- Technology Transfer, Manekin Robot Sejong Robot Co. Ltd., 2007
- Technology Transfer, Restaurant Guide Robot, ED Co. Ltd., 2008
- Expection for Commercialization as Bimanual Service Robots